Friday, October 11, 2013

Grizzly weather in Anchorage, but it's finally hockey time


Took a stroll off the beaten path yesterday afternoon and came face-to-face with this guy. Was able to snap a few photos before the situation got hairy. Luckily, I was able to divert his attention with a Zagnut bar and, using my cat-like agility, make a clean escape.

Good story, isn't it? Wish it was true. But this was taken at the Alaska zoo. My plan to explore a bit of the Alaska wilderness was ruined by rain. So this was the next best option. How is it I've lived this long without seeing a bear? Fascinating creatures. Reminded me a little of Tony Siragusa, only a lot more tolerable, as long as you watch from a distance.


Weather remains dreary in Anchorage today. More rain and temperatures topping out in the upper 30s. But no worries. We have hockey tonight. Here's my story on new Quinnipiac goalie Michael Garteig, who takes over for graduated star Eric Hartzell. Garteig has quite a resume, which includes two BCHL goalie of the year titles, being part of a team that won 42 straight games and a Royal Bank Cup crown as Canadian national champs. He's confident, and talented. 

Game time is midnight EST. Follow me on Twitter @ChipMalafronte for updates tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home