Saturday, March 26, 2011

Tough end to great season

Another brief postgame blog. Lots of reaction from Keith Allain in my game story, which should be posted shortly at www.nhregister.com. The controversial call on Brian O'Neill was obviously the big play in the game. Unfortunately, I had my head down when it happened because I was Twittering about O'Neill's goal. All I saw was a few grainy replays on the Harbor Yard video board. But I got a few texts and spoke to some other folks and most said the same thing...it was a clean hit. The ref would have been forgiven for issuing a 2-minute penalty there; a major, even. But the game disqualification really did Yale in. Minnesota-Duluth coach Scott Sandelin wouldn't comment on the call because "it went in our favor".

What did you think?

Tough loss for Yale to swallow. Nine seniors, all key contributors, will graduate and that alone will make another season like this one hard to replicate. But I'll follow up with a season recap tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home